If you are looking for the best solution to migrate GoDaddy emails to Office 365, you have reached the correct page. Here, we will discuss the best practices for migration. Also, we will discuss why you need to migrate from one account to another. So, read the article till the end.
GoDaddy webmail allows you to create a custom email account for your business. This helps you in your business. While using this custom domain, it gives additional features like calendars, contacts, and synchronization with your mobile device.
Office 356 is a cloud-based service launched by Microsoft. It provides you with all the features of conventional MS Office but over the cloud server. Some of its prominent services are MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Skype, etc.
Now, before directly moving to the steps to migrate emails from Godaddy to Office 365, let us learn why one migrates from GoDaddy to Office 365.
Before starting with the methods, get to know the reasons for GoDaddy email migration to Microsoft Office 365.
Why Migrate GoDaddy Emails to Office 365?
Numerous reasons insist users transfer their data from the GoDaddy mailbox to Office 365. Below we mentioned some of the most significant advantages of using Office 365 over GoDaddy.
- Office 365 provides you with numerous customization options. Additionally, it gives you 100 GB of Storage space.
- Considering security and privacy, Office 365 is better than GoDaddy. It keeps your data safe and secure.
- You can easily share and manage your data as O365 offers easy-to-share and collaborative features.
These are some of the most prominent benefits of using Office 365. The list is even longer. Now, it is time to learn some effective solutions to migrate GoDaddy emails to Office 365.
How to Migrate Email from Godaddy to Office 365?
There are numerous methods to migrate Godaddy Workspace email to Office 365. The first approach to serve the purpose is manual techniques. This technique is a free solution. But, you need to perform technical steps for migration. While the other approach is using a professional tool. We will discuss both solutions one by one.
First, let us explore the DIY methods to migrate your mailbox.
- Using Outlook to transfer emails.
- Using IMAP for migration
#1. Using Outlook to Transfer Emails
Email migration using MS Outlook requires you to perform multiple steps. First, you need to configure the GoDaddy email account to Outlook. After that, use the Import Export function to back up the mailbox as PST. At last, migrate the PST backup to Office 365.
- Open the MS Outlook application in your system.
- Click File and press the Add Account button.
- Fill in all the required GoDaddy login credentials and press the Connect button.
- After that, you will see a pop-up message about completing the process.
- Repeat this process to add your Office 365 account.
Now, back up your mailbox item into your system as a PST file and import it into another account.
Back up the GoDaddy email as a PST file.
- Click on the File button in MS Outlook.
- Now, switch to the Open & Export tab and click on the Import/Export button.
- After that, choose the Export to a file option and press Next.
- Select the Outlook data file (.pst) option and hit Next.
- After that, choose the desired mailbox data that you want to download.
- At last, define the destination for the backup file. Click on the Finish button.
Import the GoDaddy Backup to Office 365 Account
- Again, click the Open & Export option and hit the Import/Export button.
- Now, choose the Import from another program or file option and hit Next.
- Select the Outlook data file (.pst) and click the Next button.
- Browse the file you want to import and hit Next.
- Choose the desired options and click on the Finish button.
After performing all the above steps, you will successfully be able to migrate GoDaddy emails to Office 365.
#2 Using IMAP for Migration
You can also export your GoDaddy mailbox to Office 365 using IMAP. This technique is slightly more difficult than the previous method. In this method, you export your GoDaddy mailbox as a CSV file. After that, you have to import this backup CSV file into your Office 365 account.
First, start with creating a backup of your GoDaddy mailbox.
- Log in to your GoDaddy mailbox account using the login credentials.
- After that, go to the Workspace email and choose the Manage All option.
- Click on the Export button to download the data.
- Select desired emails you want to transfer.
- At last, click on the CSV file option and press the Next button.
Now, you have the GoDaddy mailbox backup in CSV file format. In the next step, import this file to the Office 365 account.
- Log in to your Office 365 mailbox account and go to the Admin center.
- In the Admin Center, click on the Exchange option.
- After that, choose the Recipient option and select the Migration option.
- Click the Add (+) button and opt for the Migrate to Exchange Online option.
- Now, select IMAP Migration as the migration type. Click on the OK button.
- After that, hit Browse and choose the downloaded CSV file.
- On the Next page, fill in all the required details related to the IMAP server: Encryption type, port, etc. Click on the Next button.
- Assign a suitable name to the Batch Migration. Choose other options per your need. Hit the Next button.
- Select users and press the Start Migration button.
- Check the status of the initiated migration.
- As the status turned to completion, your migration has been finished successfully.
It is another useful solution to migrate GoDaddy emails to Office 365 accounts. Both the above techniques are effective. However, they have certain limitations that make them obsolete for most users. Now, check the disadvantages of using these techniques.
Why Manual Methods not Preferred by Users?
The manual techniques are free of cost, but it is not the best method. Soon you will learn why users refrain from using the DIY solution to migrate their GoDaddy email to Office 365 accounts.
- The DIY methods are complicated. They are not suitable for novice or non-technical users.
- It takes too much time to perform the migration through the manual approach.
- Chances of file corruption are also high when you use these solutions.
- The steps to perform the process may get changed with an update in the tool.
Because of these issues, users do not want to perform the manual solution. Now, you might be thinking, what should I do to migrate GoDaddy email to Office 365 account?h
We suggest you use the professional solution for exporting your email account. Let us check the advantages of using the advanced Mail Migration Tool.
Professional Sysinfo Mail Migration Tool to Migrate GoDaddy Emails to Office 365
Sysinfo Mail Migration Tool is the best solution to email migration from Godaddy to office 365 effectively. This application allows you to migrate mailboxes from different email clients and file formats to other email accounts and file types. Therefore, it is a comprehensive solution for all your migration needs. This application provides all the advanced options for customized and fast migration. Moreover, you can download the application for your Windows and Mac OS.
I hope this article provided you an answer to your query, ‘how to migrate your mailbox data.’ There are different ways to save your data. However, we suggest you opt for the professional solution because it is an easy and efficient approach.