Well! We all know that the products of Apple and the most trusted electronics worldwide. People love it for its durability and features. As we know, in 2020 Apple introduced the M1 Chip and installed it in MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac Mini. These are some of the best Mac you can buy in 2022 as its more updated. Especially, If we talk about the difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, then it’s something a buyer loves to know.
But before moving toward their difference, we are going to talk about MacBook Pro which was powered by M1 Pro and M1 Pro Chip. In 2022, Apple introduced M2 Chip and installed it in MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. Apple says that the M2 chip is Up to 18% faster with CPU and up to 35% faster for GPU performance. It can handle up to 15.8 trillion operations per second. It supports the hardware accelerated H.264, HEVC, ProRes, and ProRes RAW which brings through its feature of media engine.
So, we are going to start with the differentiation between both MacBook which might look similar to you at many points. But they are quite different from each other. Let’s start with the display.
Display Of MacBook Air And MacBook Pro
Since both MacBooks have the best displays, you don’t need to give the display much thought. If you place a premium on-screen brightness, the 2022 MacBook Air offers a welcome increase from 400 to 500 units of brightness. We’ll evaluate the MacBook using many criteria. We will be talking about:
- Screen Size: The MacBook Air screen size is 13.6 inches and 2022 13” MacBook Pro screen size is 13.6 inches, as well as 14” MacBook Pro, has a screen size of 14.2 inches.
- Resolution: The MacBook Air resolution is 2560 x 1664 and the MacBook pro-resolution is 2560 x 1600.
- Aspect Ratio: The Aspect Ratio of the MacBook Air is 16:10 + notch and the MacBook pro-2022 has 16:10.
- Liquid Retina Display: No Liquid Retina Display in MacBook Pro, but MacBook Air has a Liquid retina display. Similarity: Both have some common features like they don’t contain ProMotion (up to 120Hz) and mini-LED backlit. Additionally, they both have a true tone and P3 wide color display.
Specs Of MacBook Air And MacBook Pro
Let’s see some differentiation plus similarity in specs of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. This we’ll discuss on the basis of some similarities as well as dissimilarities.
Similarity- Both have a CPU of M2-8core, storage of up to 2TB, and RAM of 8, 16, or 24GB. Talking about the neutral engine-16-core and contains graphics up to 10-core.
- The face time camera of the MacBook Air is 1080p, while the Pro has just a 720p camera. Talking about speakers.
- Air has a 4-speaker system with wide sound, and Pro has Stereo speakers with a high dynamic range.
- The thermal management of MacBook Air is Finless, while Pro has Active cooling with fans.
Battery Life Differentiation
Again as we are differentiation on the basis, So, let’s get started with one of the most important aspects. While you’re using Mac or any other electronic device, you always search for its battery life. The people who don’t have much knowledge of electronics, normally judge through battery life.
- Battery life: The battery life of MacBook Air is 15 hours when fully charged and for MacBook Pro, it’s 17 hours per full charge.
- Video playback: The video playback of Air is 18 hours, while Pro offers 20 hours of playback video life.
- Capacity: MacBook Air’s battery capacity is 52.6Wh while MacBook Pro has 58.2Wh but still, it charges at a slow speed compared to Air.
The Market Price Of These MacBook
Well, that’s Apple, Right? We can expect a very best and worth product from Apple in quite a high range. The new MacBook Air comes at a starting price of $1999, while the starting price for the MacBook Pro is the same. The price depends upon the model and storage.
The Model Feature Of Both MacBook
Like the 2021 MacBook Pro computers, the 2022 MacBook Air now supports MagSafe charging. Apple has limited the availability of features like HDMI, an SDXC slot, and compatibility for up to four external displays to its 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro models. Pro has a touch bar, while Air does not. Both of its observable features are identical.
The Conclusion For This Difference
Now that you know which MacBook is best for you, hopefully. The MacBook Air is an ideal option, if you want the lightest computer with excellent battery life, moderate to medium performance needs, and even some restricted intensive needs. It starts at a modest $1,199 or $1,099 for students and teachers. The $999 M1 MacBook Air is still available for individuals looking to cut costs while maintaining simple workflows (web, documents, media).
Also Read: Acer Swift 3 SF315-41 Laptop: Review & Specs