Table of Contents
Even though it’s annoying when a stranger calls you out of the blue, it’s much worse when they try to hide their phone number. Real estate brokers and salespeople often use this method because it gets people who aren’t paying attention to pick up the phone. People often stop me, which can be very annoying for people like me who have to deal with no caller id.
You can do a few things on your iPhone to make these interruptions less annoying. This article aims to show you many ways to block no-caller id calls on iPhone.
If you’re sick of annoying phone calls, you should be able to block and silence them on your iPhone by following the steps below. Even if Caller ID is turned on, scam calls can still come from numbers that have it turned on, so it won’t solve the problem completely. In this case, you can stop that person from calling you again by blocking no-caller id calls on your iPhone. If you keep getting annoying phone calls, it might be helpful to know how to record them on your iPhone.
1. Enable Silence Option
With the release of iOS 16, a new and useful feature called “Silence Unknown Callers” was added. Unknown callers are sent to voicemail. Even though your iPhone won’t ring, it will record the call in Recent’s and let you know if the other person left a message. So you can no trouble with no caller id
Follow these steps to stop your iPhone 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 from receiving calls from unknown numbers:
- To get to the Settings menu on your iPhone, you must first unlock it. Apple has shown some equipment that is gray.
- You can get to a menu by clicking the Settings and then choosing “Phone” from the drop-down menu.
- To use this feature, go to the Settings menu and look for the “Silence Unknown Callers” option. When the switch is in the “on” (green) position, the action that goes with it is done.
2. DND – Do Not Disturb
If your iPhone is set to “Do Not Disturb,” you might not get calls from people you don’t know, so it will help to block spam calls on your iPhone. This program is easy to set up and works as follows:
- After you unlock the iPhone, you can go to its settings.
- From the list of options, choose “Do Not Disturb.”
- Choose “All Contacts” from the drop-down menu next to “Allow Calls From.”
- If you don’t want to see the choices, go back to the Home screen.
- This strategy stops people not on your contact list from calling you. One problem is that it blocks all incoming calls, so you can’t answer calls from people who aren’t in your contacts.
3. New Account
A third option is to add a new contact to your phone with the name “Do Not Answer” or “No Caller ID.” This will automatically block no-caller id calls on iPhone. Even if it would be helpful, your iPhone won’t be able to filter out numbers that are too hard to understand. You can avoid this if you make a contact that looks like this strange number. Here is a list of the steps.
- To add a new contact, click Contacts and then the plus sign.
- If you get a rude call, write “No Caller ID” in the “Contact Name” column. This will make sure that your name doesn’t show up.
- After that, add “000-000-0000” as the phone number for the new contact.
- To keep the changes for good, click “Done.”
- The next step is to look in the contact’s profile for a way to block this caller.
- Choose “Block Contact” to say what you want to do.
- Any personal or private phone number will now be seen as a blocked number by the iPhone, and any calls from that number will be ignored.
The most recent versions of iOS do not work with all iPhone models. This could mean you can’t “Silence Unknown Callers” on your phone. You still have the power to stop no caller id or block caller id. Here are the steps you need to take to do this:
- To add a new contact, go to Contacts and click the plus sign.
- Under the name of the new contact in the profile, type “No Caller ID.
- Under the name of the new contact in the profile, type “No Caller ID.”
- In the phone number field, type “000-000-0000.”
- When you’re done making changes to the contact, click Save.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the stored contact’s profile and tap the “Block this Caller” button.
- Right now, click “Block Contact” to start blocking.
- Putting your phone in the “Do Not Disturb” mode.
Most people always have their phones with them, which isn’t always good. When you always have your phone with you, it can be hard to avoid telemarketers. When you get a lot of calls, most people want to know why you don’t answer. Most of the time, we don’t want to talk to the people who call us when we don’t want to. It’s good to know that these calls can be stopped from going through. Follow the above steps to learn how to block spam calls on your iPhone.
Call Filter is a tool that Verizon customers can use to block spam calls on iPhones. This Verizon software has other features, like blocking spam and robocalls.
Spam and other unwanted calls might not get through to your phone if you use a program called AT&T Call Protect. Any AT&T customer with an iPhone 6 or later running iOS and able to handle HD voice conversations can download the software. You can switch to the premium model for free or use the freemium model. Either way, you can block unknown numbers and get alerts when they try to get in touch. This is an advanced method of no caller id.
Following online instructions, you can use a fake, all-zero phone number to make a “No Caller ID” call. If you put this number on your “do not call” list, real people who haven’t given you their number won’t call you. This is an important step to block no caller id calls on iPhone
There’s no way around it: this doesn’t work. Most calls from people who don’t have caller ID will still be answered with this method. Use the tips above to stop calls that don’t show who is calling.