Usually, users use Outlook.com, Exchange Server, and the email account of IMAP in Outlook where they create the OST file to store in different email clients platform. In fact, it is available with Office 365, and they are providing subscriptions for Enterprise and Business Editions. However, you can easily use Sysinfo OST to PST Converter Tool to import OST to Office 365.
Following the manual method to migrate OST to Office 365, may create some errors or users may also find it a challenging task to do so. Basically, the exchange server is an email client that focuses on receiving, sending, and saving the messages of emails, and for this purpose, it uses an OST file. The best part of this is that it allows their users to save the OST file with a password.
In this write-up, we’ll guide you on how to upload OST to Office 365 in free as well as paid ways. Just make sure to read the whole post for your further doubts and queries.
What is the Need to Import OST to Office 365?
The following are the reasons to migrate OST to Office 365 as follows:
- The primary reason is that O365 allows users to save files in the cloud.
- In Office 365, there is a safe and secure environment, which means there is a two-step verification. It saves data from unauthorized people.
- Users have to pay while using O365 for their business as a subscription.
- Mailboxes of O365 contain more emails as compared to mailboxes of OST Files.
- Users can easily get access from numerous devices.
What are the Various Methods for OST to Office 365 Migration?
There is no direct and proper way to import OST to Office 365. First, you have to convert files of OST into PST and then, you have to import them into Office 365.
- Change the file formats of OST to PST files.
- Add the PST files into Office 365.
Method 1: How to Import OST to Office 365 Manually?
Following are the steps, first that you need to understand them:
Step 1: To Change the file formats of OST to PST files.
- The basic step is to open the MS Outlook Application and then, go to the File option.
- After that, move to the Export and Import Option and choose the Import/ Export button.
- Moving ahead, select Export > Next Button.
- Select the file format that you want to convert in it.
- Make sure to pick the folders or emails and also select the option of “Include Subfolders”. Click on the browse button to choose the specific files which you want to migrate.
- In the end, click on the finish button.
Step 2: Add the PST files into Office 365.
To follow these steps, you need to migrate PST files into Office 365 in numerous ways.
- Through Azure AzCopy.
- Using Drive shipping.
Add the PST files into Office 365 Through Azure AzCopy.
- Launch and install Azure AzCopy.
- Just copy the URL of the Shared Access Signature(SAS) that provides the permission to export the file of PST into Azure.
- Upload the file of PST into Office 365 and make sure to create PST to map(.csv).
- In the end, set the filter of data.
Add the PST files into Office 365 by Using Drive shipping
The other way to import OST to Office 365 is by using Drive Shipping. There is a requirement for uploading copies of PST files on the hard disk.
Method 2: How to Import OST file into Office 365 Professionally?
Sysinfo OST to PST Converter is the most trusted solution to import OST to Office 365 in a few simple steps. By using this tool, users can easily convert OST files into different file formats like PST, PDF, JSON, MBOX, etc. Moreover, it also supports multiple email clients like Thunderbird, Gmail, Office 365, and many more.
From the above post, users can easily differentiate which method is easy to understand. Even, non-technical users use a third-party tool to import OST to Office 365. In this blog, we’ve mentioned a brief introduction regarding the Exchange server, and different methods.