Chromebook runs on chrome operating system, unlike windows or macOS. If you are an Epic game lover, then windows may be your choice. But maybe a Chromebook is all you need for your gaming while saving cash on hand. Want to know how to play Fortnite on Chromebook, keep reading this blog post.
These days, one of the youngster’s preferred games is Fortnite. We cannot install computer games directly in Chromebook. Chrome OS doesn’t support Epic games, but there are indirect ways to get it. Willing to learn about how to play Fortnite on school Chromebook? Then you must stay connected to us. If you are looking to buy a Chromebook and play your favorite game as well.
- Sideload: Enable Developer Mode, Android Apps & Apps from Unknown Sources. You need to download Epic Games Launcher on your Android device.
- After that, you need to share the launcher to your Chromebook and install it. Note that this procedure doesn’t function properly on some Chromebooks.
- Or, install Chrome Remote Desktop on Mac/PC and Chromebook. Connect to Mac or PC, then launch and play Fortnite remotely.
This article explains three workarounds for getting Fortnite on a Chromebook, even if Epic Games doesn’t support Linux or Chrome OS. We’ll discuss how to sideload the Fortnite Android app, or the game’s own Windows or macOS. Use Chrome Remote Desktop to run the version remotely.
How to Sideload the Fortnite Android App on Your Chromebook?
While it’s useful to sideload the Epic Games installer and Fortnite on some Chromebooks, it’s a relatively entangled process, and it doesn’t function with most Chromebooks. You’ll need to enable developer mode, enable Android apps, enable apps from unknown sources, and download the Epic Games Launcher yourself using an Android phone. After that, if your Chromebook doesn’t support the launcher you shared from your phone, then you will not be able to install or download Fortnite.
Steps you need to follow to sideload Fortnite on your Chromebook:
- First, you need to switch on Chrome OS Developer Mode on your Chromebook.
- Then you need to tap on the Android app for Chrome OS.
- After that, select Settings, then Google Play Store, and Manage Android Preferences.
- Then, tap on Security alternatives.
- Hit Unknown sources.
- On an Android device, you need to click on fortnite.com/android and redeem EpicGamesApp.apk when asked.
- After that, you need to connect your Android phone to your Chromebook with a USB cable, and switch EpicGamesApp.apk to your Chromebook.
- Then, start operating EpicGamesApp.apk on your Chromebook.
- Lastly, connect to Package Installer.
- Hit on Install alternatives.
- Then, tap Open.
- After that, tap Install.
If you recognize a gray DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED button instead of a yellow Installation button, it means your Chromebook isn’t supporting Fortnite. Complete the installation, and start playing Fortnite.
GeForce NOW is the brand used by Nvidia for its cloud gaming service. It provides the users with desktop level features with high graphic option and support for controllers, mouse, keyboard. As so, it is one of the most considerable ways to install full PC /macOS desktop version of Fortnite.
Steps to set up GeForce NOW :
- Go to official GeForce NOW page.
- If you have an account, then tap on join today.
- Click Play now.
- Choose Free membership.
- Search for Fortnite in Epic games store.
- Click Get after you find it.
Return to GeForce NOW page and search for Fortnite to add it in your library.
You now have Fortnite in your Chromebook. You can input an existing Epic games account to link your previous game records and progress.
Developed by Google, Chrome remote desktop is a desktop software tool. It allows a user to remotely control another computer’s desktop through Chrome browser or Chromebook. In this method, graphics depend on your Wi-Fi connection and specs of your PC being used. If you have got Fortnite on your PC and a good Wi-Fi speed, then it can also work for you in case GeForce NOW is not supported in your region yet.
Steps to use Chrome Remote desktop:
- Firstly, setup chrome remote desktop(CRD) extension on your Windows PC.
- A security pin will be provided to allow remote access.
- Enable remote connections on Windows PC with Fortnite, Or download Fortnite directly on your Windows PC.
- Again, get chrome remote desktop app on your Chromebook.
- Open the app, and you can use the pin to connect to your PC.
Then you are all set to play Fortnite on your Chromebook.
Download Fortnite APK | Low graphics option
If none of the two methods work for you, then the remaining option is to download Fortnite of android version on your Chromebook. For this, you need to enable developer mode in your Chromebook and allow installing Android apps from unknown sources.
Steps to download Fortnite APK
- Enable developer mode from the settings menu. You may do it after restarting Chromebook.
- In the Chromebook settings, click on apps.
- You need to enable install apps and games from Google Play Store.
- Click on More.
- Click on I agree.
- Now go to App settings.
- Then choose Security.
- Now enable Install from unknown resources.
- Again, download any file manager app of good ratings from the Google Play Store.
- From the Chrome browser, go to Epic games website and download Fortnite Android.
- At last, go to file manager app and open Fortnite APK.
- Install it.
If you want to download Fortnite on PC, then follow the above given steps, and you are all set to play Fortnite on Chromebook with graphics varying depending on the specs of your Chromebook. All methods are the ways we would apply, as Epic games doesn’t officially support chrome OS. So graphics and gameplay may be hindered a title. But as long as you can play well with low budget Chromebook, these methods are the one to use. If you have any queries regarding how to play Fortnite on Chromebook, then please do not hesitate to comment us. We will try to answer all your queries.