Whenever the user changes a wallpaper, all the app activities performed in the background and processes will have to undergo a force restart. And this change can cause some particular apps and games to crash or freeze all of a sudden. Furthermore, the users who use an automatic wallpaper changing App have to face this issue from time to time. Sometimes, some particular game crashes on Android. This bug first came to light in September of last year and is still present in android apps crashing Google fix. So, here are suggesting some methods to stop games or apps from crashing on android.
Why do my apps keep crashing on Android?
Apps on an Android phone can crash due to many reasons. There can be different reasons for apps to freeze or crash. Some of them are as follows.
- Low storage space
- Many apps running simultaneously at the same time
- Slow internet connection
- Not having the proper app updates installed on Android
- Use of a wide range of chipsets
- When apps are not summarized properly
- Use of custom skin on the Android
- Distinct types of screen resolutions
How to stop games from crashing on android
There are different ways to fix the problem of Android apps crashing. You can use any one of the following.
- Restart your Android Phone
- Force stop the App
- Updation of the apps
- Clearing app data from phone
- Check the app permissions
- Uninstall and Reinstall the apps to avoid crashing on Android
- Clean up the storage space
- Reset Android or Factory Reset
Restart your Android Phone
The easiest way to solve any problem while using an app is to restart your device. When we resume your smartphone, it helps you clean the cache cookies associated with the App. Also, it helps to keep your temporary RAM clean. So, restarting your device would help in the first place. If your apps keep crashing Android, you can use the following method to solve the issue.
Force stop the App
The easy way to fix an app that keeps crashing on your Android smartphone is to force stop the App and open it again. For force stop, you have to follow these steps.
- Firstly, launch the Settings of the smartphone.
- Next, click on App Management.
- Further, tap on the App list.
- Now, choose the App that keeps crashing.
- Then select the Force stop option.
Now try opening the app again and check whether it works or not.
Updation of the Apps
Whenever a new version of an app, developers always try and test whether it works finely on every device or not. So when your phone shows an update notification of the App, update the App.
- Firstly, launch Playstore on your device
- Next, move towards the apps section.
- Now, download the latest version to avoid App crashing issues.
If the problem persists, you will have to move on to the next solution.
Clearing app data from phone
If these steps do not help, you can try to clear the app data from your device. It will remove all the saved data of the App and provide you with a new setup for the App.
Following are the steps:
- Firstly, launch the Settings.
- Then, check out the Apps.
- Next, choose the Android apps crashing Google.
- Lastly, click on Clear data or Clear storage.
Check the App Permission
When you download the new version of Android, it will allow you to deny permissions requested by apps. Although, some apps should work even when you reject Permissions. Some coded apps can refuse to run if you don’t grant all the requested permissions and start creating problems while running.
While we recommend different alternatives to such apps, sometimes it may not be possible to provide solutions to the problems. In that case, you will have to check app permissions and grant permissions requested by the App.
- Firstly, open the Settings.
- Now, go to the Apps and choose the App.
- Next, click on Permissions and grant those permissions you had denied earlier.
Uninstall and Reinstall the apps to avoid crashing on Android
If the apps and games crashing persist for you, you can try to uninstall and then reinstall the App again. It will clear all residual cookies and caches from the App and download it from an authentic source such as Google Play Store using it.
Clean up the storage space
Sometimes, due to sufficient memory usage of the smartphone, apps may start crashing. Therefore, notifications may come up repeatedly showing the App has stopped working. In this situation, your device stops working. You have only the option to clear your storage space or free up the cache memory will let the App work smoothly.
Reset Android or Factory Reset
After using all the methods, your apps and games still show the issue of crashing last option is to reset an Android phone. When all the apps start creating the same problem, you should try Factory Reset.
The steps are as follows:
- Launch the System Settings.
- Move on towards Factory Reset.
This process will take some time to work, then Restart your device.
In conclusion, we can say that these are some ways that help to resolve the issue of App Crashing on your smartphone. All these ways mentioned above will surely help you to fix the issue. There are some exceptions when the problem continues even after checking all these solutions and sending a report to the developers to fix it in the next app update.